Looks like I forgot a couple of things when I wrote the last couple of posts, but let's pretend I did it on purpose because I'm, you know, mean, and stuff.
First, I never indicated a closing date for memberships. Now, if I were the mean girl I was when I first started out, I'd tell you that it's tomorrow. Well, I guess that spending the last 6 years among all you goody-two-shoes, has softened me up, Memberships for MGYC 7 will close on December 12, 2015.
Second, since the closing date has been pushed into December, the first shipment won't go out until January, and then on ever odd month thereafter. Be realistic. Would YOU want yarn dyed by me during the festive holiday season? I know I wouldn't!
That being said, there are still a few memberships available, but not for very much longer!
Saturday, November 14, 2015
First, the theme. I'm sure it comes as no surprise that the final episode of the Mean Girls Yarn Club will be inspired by Science Fiction - yes...Mean Girls In Space! Will your favorite be among them? We shall see!
Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! Memberships are now open!
Thursday, November 5, 2015
Mean Girls' Yarn Club Memberships will soon open for the final year!
Yes you read that right. Episode 7 will be the final episode of the Mean Girls' Yarn Club. Don't miss out on being a part of the epic finale!
Please read carefully as there have been a few changes from last year. Minor ones, but we like to keep you on your toes.
Sign ups will open sometime on November 14, here at Mean Girls Yarn Club blog. Space is limited so sign up early to ensure your spot.
- The cost: $165 for domestic; $180 for international for the entire year.
- There are 2 payment options: either in 1 lump sum, or in three equal installments. This includes first-class shipping for both domestic and international members.
- First shipment goes out in December, 2015 (Happy Holidays!). Shipments will go out every other month for 1 year.
- For those members who choose the payment plan, members will make their initial payment when they sign up, and then be billed the final payments. Please note, these payments are 4 months apart.
- n the last 6 episodes we have included at least one exclusive knit pattern as part of an installment. This seems to appease the members so I don't see the reason to stop. These are delivered digitally, either through Ravelry or, lacking that, through email. Please make sure that I have both your Ravelry ID and your email address on file.
The rules remain pretty much the same as last year so you repeat offenders errr....members should know them by heart. However, I'll repeat them here for the newbies:
- The colorways are to be club exclusives. It’s all super secret until you get your installment. It will remain super secret for 2 weeks after the shipments are sent. Please, no spoilers!
- If members choosing the payment plan become delinquent in payment, their membership shall be forfeit if their account becomes 30-days past due, and the remainder of their membership will be offered to the next person on the waiting list.
- If you opt for the payment plan, and find you need to cancel your membership, feel free to notify me privately. I will not bite your head off…well, maybe just a nibble.
- It is the member’s responsibility to notify me if their desired mailing and/or email address differs from the one listed in Paypal. It is also the member’s responsibility to notify me in a timely manner if their address changes. Shipments usually go out toward the end of the designated month, so plan notification accordingly. If I wanted to I could read your minds, but I prefer to use my evil powers for, well…evil.
IF for whatever lame reason, you are displeased with your yarn, (and we don’t see why you would be. This is the MGYC, it’s implied that you get what you get and you like it) anyhow… if for some reason you and your colorway aren’t getting along, just follow these simple rules…
- First and foremost…NO whinging! Proper mean girls don't whinge,,,they scheme..
- Email La and in 50 words or less to inform me of your decision.
- We'll put the word out to your fellow members that there’s an unloved, neglected, ABUSED skein of MGYC yarn out there in need of a good home.
- We’ll put the abandoner/adopter in touch with each other, and you all can iron out all the payment/shipping details to your little black hearts’ content.
- If, in the unlikely event that no one wants your castoff, you can release it into the wild in any manner your dark little hearts desire, but only after 6 months.
- If all else fails, see rule #1.
Oh, and if you're REALLY lucky, I'll announce the theme more than minutes before memberships open up!
So, come November 14th, where will you be? Right here of course, clicky finger at the ready! See you then!